Thursday, April 21, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday


Awkward:
- Listening to a good song on my iPod at the gym and realizing I was rocking out and singing out loud. Nice.  
- Forcing Jacob to watch 'Project Runway' with me and hearing him use the word 'garment' in a normal sentence. Tim Gunn would be so proud.
- The White House denying our tour request. The only responsible thing to do would be to get back at my congressman and not vote for him next year. I am a model of maturity.
- The stack of books by my bedside. I have started about 5 but nothing has stuck. Any suggestions?
- Setting my alarm for 5:45 a.m. to make it to graduation to get a good seat tomorrow.
- Helping out at a work banquet and watching people sneak out to avoid listening to the entertainment. It was that bad.
- Nightmares. I swear I am too old for them, right? Now where's my blankie....


Awesome:

- Going to a work conference and leaving so inspired. How often does that happen?
- Introducing my co-workers to Siegfried's Delicatessen, the best German deli in the western United States (or that I know of). Everyone left with armfuls of gummi bears and chocolate. I say job well done.
- Finishing up the final plans for our trip to Washington, D.C. I can't believe it is already here!
- Jacob finishing finals and graduating tomorrow! Next time you see me I will be married to a college graduate. Holla!

What has been awkward and awesome in your week?

1 comment:

  1. ah ha ha, i like the "get back at my congressman comment" :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to respond to any comments/questions. Please leave your email along with your comment so that I can!